Advertisment

Download Opera, the fastest and most secure browser

Friday, September 21, 2007

I Guess I Never Thought of This...


A point about Evolution was brought to my attention today for the very first time.  Romans 5 states that through one man, Adam, sin entered the world and through sin, death.  If this is true, then how could one explain the deaths of billions of living things required in the evolutionary process BEFORE Adam's existance? If evolutionists and especially "christian" evolutionists are to be believed, death was around since the very beginning, long before Adam. That passage continues with Salvation entering the world through one man, Jesus.  If the first part of this passage isn't true, and if you accept evolution then it isn't, the second can't be true. What does this mean for me as a Christian?  Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 15 that if Christ didn't rise from the dead then we are all fools to be pitied. This has been a great example for me that when one dismisses any part of Scripture-the entirety of Scripture is undermined-even the parts you WANT to believe.

Filled Under:

2 comments:

JP said...

I think your on target here. I have often been confused by people who consider themselves Christians AND evolutionists. I mean, what would the point be? If evolution is the primary cause then why bother with God? If God did not create us then he has no expectation of us beyond our own personal choices. There was no break in relationships so there is no need for a savior. And if all we see around us had evolved into being then there is no heaven anyway unless there is somekind of supernatural evolution going on. And finally, if the creation story is to be rejected, then any part of the Bible can be called into question...especially those parts which cramp my lifestyle choices.

Sorry, but my faith is in Jesus Christ, my Savior. He rescued me out of the pit I was in. Meeting Jesus was real and showed me God was real. And I will trust in the Holy Scriptures that proclaim Him to me....all of them!

JP

Nicholas said...

Thank you for your comments!! Pointing out that there would be no break in relationship should speak loudly to emergents since they typically either reject or downplay the importance of repentance and forgiveness of sin while lifting high the importance of a renewed relationship with God. "If it aint broke, why fix it?" Somehow emergents have become more trusting of atheists than Christians and that is sad as well as mind-boggling.

Nyk


 

Facebook Badge Azahel